CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

mother's day

mother's day is tomorrow and i just wanted to write down a few thoughts i had about my mother and being a mother. i am usually the type to buy a "funny card" for every occasion, so those i love don't get a chance to hear how much i truly love and appreciate them. not until i became a mother did i really understand the unconditional love one could have for another person. i didn't understand why my parents would ever worry about me, whether it was dealing with friends in school, grades, jobs, even road trips with my friends. and i didn't understand just how much of a better person having a child makes you want to be. i am very thankful to have had a mother that taught me right from wrong (even though i didn't always make the right decisions), and a mother that has shown her love and support when i needed it most. my mom is always so great about taking charge and doing what needs to be done, so when i felt like i couldn't even put one foot in front of the other, she picked me up and kept me going. my mom is the most beautiful mom in the world. her face just beams every time, which is often, she gets told we look like sisters. and my mom is cool. she knows how to dress cute, smell good, decorate the house beautifully, and still managed to raise 4 kids while working a hard job full time. she doesn't need the credit to validate herself, but she doesn't get enough of it. i hope that one day i will be as successful as her in my marriage, career, spirituality, and motherhood. i love you mom. and i love you johnny and kate for making me feel like the luckiest person alive to have been blessed with the two most wonderful kids ever. i am so blessed to have such beautiful, healthy, good kids. and sometimes i put things in perspective and think, if heavenly father loves us more than we can even comprehend, and i know how much i love my children, it feels really good to know we are loved even more than we'll ever know by our heavenly father.
my mom asked me for a few pictures of the kids for mother's day so i took these in the backyard today and wanted to share. happy mother's day!





7 comments:

Jek said...

LOVED THAT!! I love your mom too. And you an awesome mom too!!!! Love ya!

JENNIFRO said...

That was so nice. I love Aunt Kate. She always seems SO HAPPY to see me, which makes me feel great! I miss you all. Those pictures of darling--the last one is to die for!

Katie Mills said...

That was such a nice tribute to your mother. I am sure that she loved it! I too have a hard time not buying funny cards, so that I do not have to share my true feelings. Hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Jayne Layne said...

Good post I liked that! I have always loved Aunt Kate, and especially her house! So cute.

Lex, do me a favor and find me Shayne on the bachelors make up! I want her blush and lip color when she is in the limo on the final rose.

She is too cute!

Karen said...

Hi Lexie, that was such a nice tribute to your mom. I love her too.
I don't get to see her as much as I would like to. She is one fun person, and I am so very glad that she is my Sis-in- law.

jill said...

What a great post! I love your mom too! What a deserving tribute. I totally relate to the understanding that comes with being a parent. The pictures of Kate and Johnny are precious!

kate said...

Lex, this was the best gift ever! Thanks to Mert's side of the family for the comments...XOXO